Monday 18 January 2016

SSIS Toolbox in SSDT for Visual Studio 2015

I am currently writing my latest book - Expert Scripting and Automation for DBAs, which Apress will be publishing later this year. The book is based around SQL Server 2016 and I am currently writing a chapter that is based around SSIS.

I needed to use SSDT for Visual Studio 2015, so that I could use the pre-release version of the Azure Feature Pack, for SSIS 2016. When creating a project, however, I was rather disturbed to find that I had no controls in my Toolbox!



Apparently, there are two Toolbox windows, and SSDT defaults to the wrong one. You should navigate to View | Other Windows and open the SSIS Toolbox window. Normality will at once be restored.


Find my book, Pro SQL Server Administration on Amazon -

America

United Kingdom

No comments:

Post a Comment